Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/getscare/public_html/site/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
1. Your Acceptance
- Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. Get Scared TV may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service, including users who are also contributors of Content on the Service. “Content” includes the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service. The Service includes all aspects of Get Scared TV, including but not limited to all products, software and services offered via the Get Scared TV website, such as the Get Scared TV channels, the Get Scared TV “Embeddable Player,” the Get Scared TV “Uploader” and other applications.
- The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Get Scared TV. Get Scared TV has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, Get Scared TV will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve Get Scared TV from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. Get Scared TV Accounts
- In order to access some features of the Service, you will have to create a Get Scared TV account. You may never use another’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Get Scared TV immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- Although Get Scared TV will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of Get Scared TV or others due to such unauthorized use.
4. General Use of the Service—Permissions and Restrictions
Get Scared TV hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without Get Scared TV’s prior written authorization, unless Get Scared TV makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service (such as the Embeddable Player).
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
- You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means Get Scared TV may designate such as ROKU, Apple TV, Boxee, Get Scared TV Play and other approved distribution channels.
- You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain Get Scared TV’s prior written approval:
- the sale of access to the Service;
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; or
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of an ad-enabled blog or website containing Content delivered via the Service, unless other material not obtained from Get Scared TV appears on the same page and is of sufficient value to be the basis for such sales.
- Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
- uploading an original video to Get Scared TV, or maintaining an original channel on Get Scared TV, to promote your business or artistic enterprise;
- showing Get Scared TV videos through the Embeddable Player on an ad-enabled blog or website, subject to the advertising restrictions set forth above in Section 4.D; or
- any use that Get Scared TV expressly authorizes in writing.
(For more information about what constitutes a prohibited commercial use, see our FAQ.)
- If you use the Embeddable Player on your website, you may not modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the Embeddable Player, including but not limited to links back to the Get Scared TV website.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Get Scared TV servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Get Scared TV grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Get Scared TV reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
- In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws.
- Get Scared TV reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
5. Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content.
- The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos (“Marks”) on the Service, are owned by or licensed to Get Scared TV, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by Get Scared TV on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Get Scared TV or the respective licensors of the Content. Get Scared TV and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
- You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that Get Scared TV is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Get Scared TV with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Get Scared TV, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
6. Your Content and Conduct
- As a Get Scared TV account holder you may submit Content to the Service, including videos and user comments. You understand that Get Scared TV does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to Get Scared TV all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service and via our distribution network pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to Get Scared TV, you hereby grant Get Scared TV a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and Get Scared TV’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you for video Content or user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
- You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Get Scared TV all of the license rights granted herein.
- You further agree that you will not submit to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to the Get Scared TV Submission Guidelines, as incorporated, which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- Get Scared TV does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Get Scared TV expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. Get Scared TV does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and Get Scared TV will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. Get Scared TV reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
7. Account Termination Policy
- Get Scared TV will terminate a user’s access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
- Get Scared TV reserves the right to decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, or excessive length. Get Scared TV may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user’s account for submitting such material in violation of these Terms of Service.
8. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Get Scared TV’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is Tony Dennet via email: tony@GetScared.TV. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to Get Scared TV customer service through firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Indianapolis, Indiana, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Get Scared TV may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Get Scared TV’s sole discretion.
9. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GET SCARED TV, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. GET SCARED TV MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. GET SCARED TV DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND GET SCARED TV WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
10. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL GET SCARED TV, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT GET SCARED TV SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is controlled and offered by Get Scared TV from its facilities in the United States of America. Get Scared TV makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Get Scared TV, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
12. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Get Scared TV without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Get Scared TV, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and Get Scared TV that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Marion County, Indiana. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice incorporated below and any other legal notices published by Get Scared TV on the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Get Scared TV concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Get Scared TV’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Get Scared TV reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Service following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND GET SCARED TV AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Dated: February 17, 2014
Last modified: February 17, 2014
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Get Scared TV account, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Get Scared TV so whether you are new to Get Scared TV or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact email@example.com.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful or the people who matter most to you online.
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Get Scared TV Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Get Scared TV Profile, which may include your name and photo.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our advertising services or you view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Get Scared TV may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Get Scared TV Account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Get Scared TV, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Get Scared TV Account.
- Location information
When you use a location-enabled Get Scared TV service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Get Scared TV when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Get Scared TV and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your Get Scared TV Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Get Scared TV Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Get Scared TV Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Get Scared TV Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact Get Scared TV, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Get Scared TV services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know. We will not combine Double Click cookie information with personally identifiable information unless we have your opt-in consent.
Get Scared TV processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your Get Scared TV Account by using Get Scared TV Dashboard.
- Use our editor to see and adjust how your Get Scared TV Profile appears to particular individuals.
- Control who you share information with.
- Take information out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Get Scared TV. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Get Scared TV unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Get Scared TV when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With domain administrators
If your Get Scared TV Account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for Get Scared TV Apps users) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Get Scared TV Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Get Scared TV if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Get Scared TV, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Get Scared TV and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your Get Scared TV Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Get Scared TV employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Get Scared TV Content Guidelines
Respect the Get Scared TV Community
We’re not asking for the kind of respect reserved for nuns, the elderly, and brain surgeons. We mean don’t abuse the site. Every cool new community feature on Get Scared TV involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and millions of users respect that trust. Please be one of them.
Don’t Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- Get Scared TV is not for pornography or other sexually explicit content, though nudity and sexual themes are allowed. If this describes your video, even if it’s a video of yourself, don’t post it on Get Scared TV. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation.
- Don’t post videos showing things like actual animal abuse, actual drug abuse, actual under-age drinking and smoking, or actual bomb making. This is for entertainment only. If your works display actual criminal acts we are responsible for reporting you.
- Actual graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone actually being physically hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don’t post it.
- Get Scared TV is not a shock site. All content must be simulated or of artistic value. Don’t post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies or similar things intended to shock or disgust.
- Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you are authorized to use. This means don’t upload videos you didn’t make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without necessary authorizations. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone’s right to express unpopular points of view. But we don’t permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity) that is without artistic merit.
- Everyone hates spam. Don’t create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It’s not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don’t try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around the guidelines—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created.
We Enforce These Guidelines
Okay, this one is more about us than you. Get Scared TV staff review flagged videos 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate our Get Scared TV Content Guidelines. When they do, we remove them. Sometimes a video doesn’t violate our Get Scared TV Content Guidelines, but may not be appropriate for everyone. These videos may be age-restricted. Accounts are penalized for Get Scared TV Content Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination. If your account is terminated, you won’t be allowed to create any new accounts.
Get Scared TV is for the Community
Remember that this is your community! Each and every user of Get Scared TV makes the site what it is, so don’t be afraid to dig in and get involved!
- Have fun with the site. There’s a lot to see here, and lots of folks making amazing stuff—one of them might be you! Equipment’s getting cheaper and easier to use all the time, so dive in and enjoy.
- Let folks know what you think. Feedback’s part of the experience, and when done with respect, can be a great way to make friends, share stories, and make your time on Get Scared TV richer. So leave comments, rate videos, make your own responses to videos that affect you, enter contests of interest—there’s a lot going on and a lot of ways to participate.
- You may not like everything you see. Some of the content here may offend you. If it does, then consider just clicking on something else—why waste time watching videos you don’t like?
That’s it! Thanks for reading!
—The Get Scared TV Team
Community Guideline Tips
Want a little more insight into the limits and exceptions in the Get Scared TV Content Guidelines? Here are some helpful examples and tips:
Sex and Nudity
Sex and nudity are part of the horror genre. We will review each submission and decide whether or not the content violates our policy. In the words of United States Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart “I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description [“hard-core pornography”]; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it…”
“Hate speech” refers to content that promotes hatred against members of a protected group. For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech. Sometimes there is a fine line between what is and what is not considered hate speech. For instance, it is generally okay to criticize a nation, but not okay to make insulting generalizations about people of a particular nationality.
Shocking and Disgusting
The world is a dangerous place. Sometimes people do get hurt and it’s inevitable that these events may be documented on Get Scared TV. However, it’s not okay to post actual violent or gory content that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational or disrespectful. If a video is particularly graphic or disturbing, it should either be balanced with additional context and information or fitting for the artistic display. For instance, including a clip from a slaughter house in a video on factory farming may be appropriate. However, stringing together unrelated and gruesome clips of animals being slaughtered in a video may be considered gratuitous if its purpose is to shock rather than illustrate.
Dangerous Illegal Acts
While it might not seem fair to say you can’t show something because of what viewers theoretically might do in response, we draw the line at content that’s intended to incite violence or encourage dangerous, illegal activities that have an inherent risk of serious physical harm or death. This means not posting videos on things like instructional bomb making, ninja assassin training, sniper attacks, videos that train terrorists, or tips on illegal street racing. Any depictions like these should be educational or documentary and shouldn’t be designed to help or encourage others to imitate them.
Videos involving children (anyone under the age of 18) are particularly sensitive. Please be cautious when posting something involving a child. Again, we will review each submission and approve or deny content we find objectionable.
When you create something original, you own the copyright for it. Likewise, when other people create content, they may have a copyright to it. As a creative community, it’s essential that everyone on Get Scared TV respect the copyrights of others. If you’re not sure if something will violate someone’s copyright, the safest thing to do is to create something completely original, with images and audio you’ve created. If it’s all yours you never have to worry about copyright—you own it. If you’ve recorded something from a DVD, videotaped your TV screen, or downloaded a video online, don’t post it unless you have permission.
If a video you’ve recorded features people who are readily identifiable and who haven’t consented to being filmed, there’s a chance they’ll file a privacy complaint seeking its removal. We’ll notify you if that happens and give you a chance to edit and re-upload your video before we act on the complaint. If we do remove your video for privacy reasons, don’t upload another version featuring the same people. Chances are those people will file another privacy complaint or report you for harassment. Don’t post other people’s personal information, including phone numbers, addresses, credit card numbers, and government IDs. We’re serious about keeping our users safe and suspend accounts that violate people’s privacy.
It comes down to respect. Get Scared TV is all about sharing and interacting with the community in respectful ways. If you’re not sure whether a video or comment you’ve made crosses the line, follow a simple rule of thumb: if you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face, don’t say it on Get Scared TV. And if you’re looking to attack, harass, demean, or impersonate others, go elsewhere.
Impersonating another user by copying someone’s exact channel layout, using a similar username, or posing as that person in comments, emails or videos is considered harassment. If you want to keep your account, stay away from participating in any form of impersonation or harassing activity on the site.
Users shouldn’t feel threatened when they’re on Get Scared TV. Period. Don’t leave threatening comments on other people’s videos.